Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
Musipoo
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to use the MDS Simulator for intranet accesss with authentication?

Hey there,

I'm developing an app that needs access to an intranet web page so for testing the app I need the MDS Simulator. The MDS web server is starting successfully, but as soon as I want to open an intranet page it says I am not authorized and therefore the access is being denied.

On a real device it would usually prompt you for a username and password once. The pc I'm testing on has the right to access these pages so it must be a simulator issue.

How can the simulator authorize for these intranet pages? Any help would be soo appreciated!! Testing on a real device is just too unefficient so it's really important for me to get this working.

I am using:

Simulator version 4.2.0.46

Java 1.7.0_07

BB JRE 7.1.0

Cheers,Musipoo

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Musipoo
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to use the MDS Simulator for intranet accesss with authentication?

I was also guessing that the simulator tries to go around the mds server so I found this document:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Force-the-BlackBerry-Smartphone-Simula...

Is it possible that this might be the reason for the authentication problem? If so, where exactly do I have to append "/app-param=MdsIP=127.0.0.1"?

Please use plain text.