Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: pccw

Install blackberry playbook simulator on Mac

I am using a Mac with OSX Lion 10.7.2. I downloaded tablet simulator and when I install it, I get this error: You are not allowed to execute multiple instances of the installer at the same time. The installer will now quit.

It's a little confusing because clicking on the .dmg does not bring anything up on my machine. I need to click on the installer which is mounted on my machine to install.

Any ideas? I'm trying to install 2.0.0-7109-201201041944.

Side note: Am I still eligible for the playbook if I registered as a developer yesterday and submit my app before March?

Developer
My Device: P'9982 & Z10
My Carrier: alfa Lebanon

Re: Install blackberry playbook simulator on Mac

Maybe you launched the installer multiple times by accident. Did you try restarting and trying to install again?

Wadi
New Contributor

I haven't even installed it yet. How do I uninstall? Is there any command I can just type into the terminal?

Developer

Ok this is a step by step walkthrough:

1- Download the dmg simulator for Mac from here: http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

2- Double click the downloaded BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-Installer-2.0.0-7971-Mac-201202221232.dmg, so it is mounted. (you should see it on the desktop now, as if it's a new mounted drive)

3- Double click on BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-200, should appear on your desktop. It should open in Finder now.

4- Double click BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-Installer-2.0.0-7971-201202221232.app to launch the installer

5- Press 'Next", then scroll down to accept the terms, then "Next" again

6- Choose where you want it to be installed, then press "Install"

You should now find it in the folder you chose. Double click it, and it should open in VMware Fusion (assuming you have it). If you don't have it, you can downlaod it here: http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_fusion/4_0

Let me know if there was anything not clear in the above.

Wadi
New Contributor

Here's a screenshot of my error:

http://grab.by/cuso

It is not able to install the blackberry playbook simulator.

Developer

Did a full restart not solve this issue?

Try launching the Activity Monitor and see if another instance of the BlackBerry Simulator Installer is running.

Wadi
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, bridged to Curve
My Carrier: MTS

I get the exact same error. I had prevously had a simulator working. I got a new mac, so used migration assistant to move thing over. Simulator settings did not carry over. When I try to reinstall it provides that same error (as if I were already running the installer). Tried to install 2.1.0 and the 3.0 for BB10. Neither simulator will install. Both throw the same message. rebooting (number of times over a week) does nothing. Even claring out old simulator references in VMware Fusion does nothing.

Anyone get a fix yet?

New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: I'm a BlackBerry 10 Developer

I get the exact same error while installing BlackBerry10Simulator-Installer-BB10_1_X-338-Mac-201302031817.dmg my posts asking for help http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Built-For-BlackBerry/Can-t-find-where-BlackBerry-10-simulator... Anyone get a fix yet?
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I got the exact same error om my mac. 

Multiple instances active, stuff like that. 

I checked the activity log and there are NO other instances running. Ofcourse I also rebooted, but that didn't help either.

Did anyone find a solution yet?