Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Issue installing different environments of the same app due to conflicting libraries.

Hello all. i had an environment installed on my BB of my app. while trying to download another environment for the same app, it says that the module already exists and would be replaced by the new one. do you wish to proceed. if i give yes, it would overwrite the older app and just have the newer one. i just want to have both. i tried to modify the cod and jad names prior to download but still no go any idea how can i have bothe environments on my BB without having to overwrite>??

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Issue installing different environments of the same app due to conflicting libraries.

On a BlackBerry Smartphone, only one copy of a shared library can exist at a time.  So you cannot have 2 different versions of the same shared library.  Instead, you could build the library into your application instead of using a shared library.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Re: Issue installing different environments of the same app due to conflicting libraries.

Hi M Sohm. Thanks for the reply but my concern is that i can't even have two different environments for the same application as they have the same project dependencies.Suppose, i have a demo installed on my bb and then try to install prod OTA, it would prompt me to replace the demo. I am afraid that i might need to rename the projects indvidually for all the environments and do a build again. Any clue?

My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

You can't have both versions of the application/library installed at the same time.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker