Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Insignia
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: 17804283997

Looking for Hardware to test app development for Business Customer

I am a representative from Insignia Software. Insignia develops library automation software for libraries. Currently we are under contract with a customer (Toronto Catholic District School Board) who is look for us to develop our current iPhone and Android apps into a Blackberry apps. They currently use Blackberry devices for staff district wide and in order to assist our development and testing we are wondering the possibility of have a blackberry 9 and blackberry 10 hardware device to test the app on.

I understand there are simulators for interface programming, however we are looking to test on the actual hardware to ensure we don’t run into crash issues for over use the memory.

If you could kindly help us out with this it would be greatly appreciated. If not, could you point us in the right direction?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Looking for Hardware to test app development for Business Customer

You can use the BlackBerry Smarpthone simulators to test/optimize memory usage.  They'll have the same memory configurations as a real BlackBerry Smartphone.

But if you don't want real hardware there are services available for this that allow you to test remotely using real BlackBerry Smartphones.  DeviceAnywhere and Perfecto Mobile are a couple of providers for this.  More details can be found here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/distribute/testing.html

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.