Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
acontarino
My Device: 8110
Accepted Solution

MDS and Blackberry 8110 simulator

I've a problem with MDS and Blackberry 8110 simulator.

I can simply test my application because when i try to connect to internet using mds-cs, the web browser (or my application) of my 8110 simulator give me the error "unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. ...".

The same application with another simulator (i.e. Blackberry 8900) runs with no problem, and i can surf the web with the integrated web browser.

I'm running on Windows Seven x86

Java  1.6.0 update 20

BlackBerry JDE 5.0.0

8110 simulator is 4.5.0.81.

(i'm sorry for my english :smileytongue: )

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: MDS and Blackberry 8110 simulator

[ Edited ]

Please note that Windows 7 is not officially supported by the BlackBerry development tools.

What version of MDS-CS Simulator are you using (what version of tool installed it)?  Do you see any activity in the MDS-CS Simulator window when using the BlackBerry 8110 simulator?  Does the failure occur right away or does the connection time out (after about 2 minutes)?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
acontarino

MDS-CS is updated at the last version i suppose. I've installed Blackberry JDE 5.0. I don't see any activity in the MDS-CS window and the error occur just when i make the request for a web page, it's not a timeout problem. I don't think it's a Windows 7 problem, because when i run the Blackberry 8900 simulator i've no problem at all...
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

It sounds like a firewall is blocking the local connection between the BlackBerry smartphone simulator and MDS-CS Simulator.  Please verify that these applications are allowed in any firewall you may have running.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
antonbas
My Device: 8520

Hi, I'm developving in win7, I'm having a timeout exception after 2 mins qhe I try connect  to a WS using Ksoap. Is this a firewall problem with mds??

Thxs in advance i have a couple of day with this problem

New Contributor
acontarino

I think it's not a Firewall problem. With the same configuration, the Blackberry 8900 simulator can access the web through mds-cs.

I've tried to disable any firewall too, but i've seen no change...

New Contributor
acontarino

So, any solution?

The mds-cs does not tell me nothing if i try to use the web browser from the BB 8110 simulator, but it works with no problem at all with the 8900 simulator...

New Contributor
acontarino

Resolved!

I was using a generic simulator. Installaed a Vodafone one, and now i can surf the web from my blackberry simulator.

Note: i've noticed that with Blackberry 8900 generic simulator i can surf the internet only with wi-fi network enabled.