03-19-2012 06:27 AM
I've more than 300 devices without active Blackberry option, and I've to package them (update OS, install App, configure OS/Apps), I'm looking for some features doesn't exist in javaloader.
Presently, I've build a batch file which :
- Check if OS version is OK and update it.
- Check if the application is installed and install it.
- Set device time.
All is OK with these features using javaloader.
We have to do more things that we do manually :
- Set GMT to Brussel, Paris (+1)
- Put the icon of our application to the top of the icons list.
- Hide useless icons : (All except SMS, Call, Adress book, options and our application icon)
- Run the application to put all policies to ALLOW.
- Enable NFC connectivity
Something that will be useful that we can't do :
- Prevent user to uninstall our application but allow him to update it through browser
- Prevent user to change application authorization (policies)
- Make automatic mode for setting date time works without any blackberry option (through network, using APN)
- Remove all home screen panels
03-19-2012 07:03 PM
Policy related issues can only be set through it-policies and a connected BES, so the devices would need to be on a BES to make that happen.
For some of the device settings and configuration you may be able to use the desktop manager to restore some settings. For example: create a gold device image, back it up, and use that to restore against other devices
AppLoader (comes with the desktop manger) and Javaloader are the only tools available for externals to do some of the settings and configurations mentioned by you.