Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
StRic
My Device: Not Specified

Missing signature in signed COD files

Hi,

I developed a small widget and signed it with the 3 certificates (RBB, RCR, RRT). After several tries the Signature Tool announced that the 2 COD files where successfully signed.

signed.png

We tried to install the files via OTA but ... "Error starting HSE24: Module'HSE24' attempts to access a secure api." ... still occurs.

After that I checked the COD files via command line SignatureTool.jar:

nsigned1.png

The 1st COD file seems to miss the RBB signature. So I tried again to sign the COD files and checked the result:

nsigned2.png

Even worse now.

I think the problem is the missing signature, but how can I ensure that all signatures will successfully applied (using the eclipse plugin or command line)?

Kind regards,

Stefan Richter

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Missing signature in signed COD files

When you signed the application (and opened in SignatureTool) were the csl and cso files located in the same directory as each cod file?  If not, the SignatureTool would not have the required information about the keys you have installed and the keys that are required.

I recommend rebuilding the application to re-create new cod, csl and cso files and try to sign again.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
StRic
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for answer.

The Signature Tool itself seems to be the problem. If all signatures are applied 1st try the COD files are successfully signed with all 3 signatures and running fine on my BB.

If at least one signature process fails (normally because of connection issues with one of the signature servers) the Signature Tool offers the option to request the missing signatures again. But even if the Signature Tool announces that the COD files are finally signed, the resultant COD files are missing the later applied signatures.

Kind regards,

Stefan Richter

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the followup.  I'll try to reproduce this and send it off to our development team.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.