Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
peppin
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T
Accepted Solution

OTA Installation and large .COD files

Hi, I'm new to Blackberry development. I'm developing a small picture editing app for Blackberry and planning to distribute them using my company's website (OTA). The problem is that my .cod file size is about 500kb. I've searched throughout forums and some suggests to break the large cod to several smaller cod files. But how exactly can I do this? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: OTA Installation and large .COD files

All you need to do is open the large COD file in an archive program like WinZip and extract the files.  It's just a zip archive of the rest of your COD files.  Note that the firstsibling COD file inside will have the same name as the parent COD file, so make sure you extract it to a different directory.  If you are using the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse all you need to do is deploy the files in the JAD directory.

You can read a bit more about this here:  The file size limit for wireless downloads

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
peppin
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T

Re: OTA Installation and large .COD files

Thank you for the reply. I'm using Blackberry JDE 6, and just like you said, I'm able to extract it by first renaming the file to .zip, then extract it using WinZip. Previously I used an archive program named ShellZip and it cannot do this.
Please use plain text.