Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

time2innov8
My Device: Playbook 64Gb Wifi

Playbook Simulator - unable to connect from Webworks or IDE, Wifi connect to physical playbook works fine

[ Edited ]

Just starting out, trying my hand at Blackberry app development. I have downloaded Webworks, Ripple and Momemtics IDE. I have my signing keys and can create debug tokens with no problems. However I cannot connect to the playbook simulator using any of the applications. The simulator runs correctly but no matter what options I select for the network configuration in vmware and the virtual playbook I cannot install any sample apps. The mometics IDE does not detect the simulator running.

I have no difficulty in running the apps on my playbook directly using the IDE or SDK.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the simulator method working?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Playbook Simulator - unable to connect from Webworks or IDE, Wifi connect to physical playbook works fine

Are you able to ping the IP address of the simulator?  Do you have any local firewall software that could be blocking the connection?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Playbook Simulator - unable to connect from Webworks or IDE, Wifi connect to physical playbook works fine

On clean installs of VMware Player and the PlayBook 2.1 simulator, I and others have found that the PB simulator comes up with no network interfaces, in both NAT and bridged settings.  I have seen numerous voodoo "solutions" for this (e.g. reboot host computer, ping the VM network, uninstall/reinstall simulator and/or VMware Player) that seem to have "worked" for some people but not others, and I've tried all of them, without any change to what I get under Settings>About>Network ("no interfaces found").

Is there a known clean install solution for this?