Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: Playbook simulator - graphical issues

Uninstall the oem driver from control panel>programs and setup (screen will change its resolution to 640x480/800x600, don't worry). Then run the Intel generic installer.
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

It worked!! I uninstalled the OEM drivers, and re-tried installing the Intel version. The simulators seems to be running without any issues. I can now see the settings drop-down, IP Address, and run the browser!
Thanks for tip Borceg!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

just to add a data point to this thread, I had issues after installing (for the first time) VMWare and two of the simulators.  I believe the problems were being caused by my laptop using "switchable graphics" to change to a low-power integrated GPU when I unplugged the laptop.  I went into the bios and disabled switchable graphics (so now it's always using the discrete GPU) and the simulators seem to be behaving better graphically (now if I could just get the SDK to connect to the simulator!).