Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
neela
My Device: developer
Accepted Solution

Porting Qt App to BB10

Hi,

I tried to port Qt app to BB10 using Qnx Ide V 10.2.1.The application is purely  in Qt not cascades.But i create my project in the ide as blackberry cascades project.The application runs successfully in Device Debug Mode for the target device.I use Z10 as target but after signing the app using export release bulid in bar descriptor.xml .

The signed bar is generated in arm/o.le-v7.I installed that bar file into my device.After installation i tried to launch the app,but it failed to launch.So please help in this regard.

Regards,

neela

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Porting Qt App to BB10

[ Edited ]

Does the log file give you any clues? Or does it really only crash for a signed release?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor
neela

No it crashes for Device Relese Mode showing as Unable to release application on target.

Developer
BBSJdev

Look at your processes using the Momentics - QNX System Information perspective and see if the process is still running.  If it is then right click on the process and send a kill signal.

Just to clarify there is a difference between 'Running' a release on your device and sideloading a signed exported app, mainly the former is easier to debug.

Have you tried the Run option in Momentics and does it crash?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
neela

The app launches in target device using momentics Run Option but  failed for Run-Release Option.

Developer
BBSJdev

Thanks for clarifying (I think), I'm going to interpret your response as 'loads and runs fine for a debug and release build but not for an export build'.
Did you check for the process still running on your device?

Contributor
neela

Thanks,

The app loads for both release and export build but launching of the app is the problem.

Developer
BBSJdev

[ Edited ]

Ok but are you saying the app only runs properly for a debug build, in which case you have a memory leak or memory access problem and there may be something you can see in the log file explaining why when running the release build.

Alternatively you can look at the backtrace.

If the crash only happens in the export build this is a lot harder problem to diagnose.

Developer
BBSJdev

Feel free to write more words than you are currently doing so this doesn't turn in to a 100 post thread.

Explain exactly the point at which it crashes, app window, splash screen, blank screen, further on.

Explain what you have looked at in the way of debugging so far.

Let me know if you've checked all the right permissions for anything you might access.

Etc., etc.

Contributor
neela

Thanks,

I use QNX Momentics IDE for BlackBerry 10 Native SDK  Version: 10.2.1 for development.

I  create my project in IDE as New/ Blackberry project/ New Blackberry project/Application/cascades/standard   empty project.My app is Qt based and not cascades so my app don't have qml file for UI.The app is a game application so no specific permission is added.

The app ,loads and runs for Build configuration ->setactive->Device-Debug and Run configuration->Device-Debug.

The app fails to load with problem occurred " Unable to release application on target" for  Build configuration ->setactive->Device-Release and Run configuration->Device-Release.

When i tried to export release build the signed bar file is generated in arm/o.le-v7/appname.bar,which i installed in my target device.After installing i tried to launch the app but it crashes immediately with a blank screen.

I don't have splash screen in my app.