Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
pcyanide
My Device: -
Accepted Solution

Running simulator in development mode without a password

I used Blackberry 10 simulator without any hassle, until I decided to temporary turn off Development mode to see how the application operates in real-life situation.

When I tried to turn the Development Mode back on, the system required to enter the device password. Here where the troubles began:  you can turn off the device password, but not in the development mode, while without Development mode the simulator is completely useless.

Simulator reinstallation didn't help. Moreover, this password, like a real virus spread to other Blackberry simulator VMs, where I never entered any password!  It looks like the password is stored globally not for a particular VM.

Now every time I start any Blackberry 10 VM (and I always switch it off, because 'suspend' takes ages to come back), I need to enter password, when I use command line tools, I again need to enter the password! That's a real nightmare!!!!!

You will make my day, if you can help me to get rid of the password  (without reinstalling Windows) and get everything back to normal

Regards

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Running simulator in development mode without a password

When you re-installed the simulator, after the uninstall did you ensure that the whole simulator installation directory was deleted?  If not it could be re-using something from the previous install.

A re-install would be the only way to resolve it.

Note that turning development mode off won't change the way your application runs in the simulator.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
pcyanide
My Device: -

Thank you, Mark.

The directory was clean. I simply did uninstall in a harsh way. This morning, I did it  with uninstaller (which removed registry entries), restarted the system and re-installed. And ... it's a happy end story!

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Excellent, glad to hear you were able to get this resolved.  Thanks for following up.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker