Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
rbork
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Signing Key problem with Chrome Ripple when installing onto my BB10 Alpha Device

Can the signing keys created from within Blackberry 10 Native SDK Eclipse plugin be also used to sign Webworks HTML 5 application being built from Goggle Chrome Ripple Extension?

My directory "C:\Users\dev\AppData\Local\Research In Motion" appears to have the files: author.p12 ,barsigner.csk .. etc. But when tryin to install onto my "BB10 Dev Alpha device", the Ripple server is spitting out the following:

Build complete, now deploying

Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
Info: Action: Install and Launch

actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 881 required signatures missing <RDK, AUTHOR>

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Signing Key problem with Chrome Ripple when installing onto my BB10 Alpha Device

The same keys should work across all tools.  Are you using the latest versions of the WebWorks SDK and Ripple?  Does %HOMEPATH% resolve to C:\Users\dev on your machine?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
rbork

Re: Signing Key problem with Chrome Ripple when installing onto my BB10 Alpha Device

Is HOMEPATH an evironment variable(computer properties)? I don't have this.  Or is it defined in some application configuration file? 

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

It should be a Windows defined environment variable.  It should be listed up if you type "set" at the command prompt.  You can also navigate to it by typing %homepath% and pressing enter in Windows Explorer (file/My Computer explorer, not IE).

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
rbork

Ok. I typed %HOMEPATH% in windows explorer and got "C:\Users\dev". So I guess I have a deferent problem. I have a new version of webworks - "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.0.15". Could it be that I don't have a debug token in webworks home directory. I do have the file "debugtoken1.bar" in "C:\Users\dev\AppData\Local\Research In Motion" directory. Also, I notice I don't have a bbwp.properties file which is refered to in the blackberry dev webpage "Using debug tokens". Is this doc applicable to this version of webworks?

Contributor
rbork

Problem I think was that I did not have "Enable Remote Web Inspector" checked and perhaps even used the wrong PIN number(confused 0 for O and 8 for B).