Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Signing problem.

Hi,

we have ported 2 of our games to Playbook, now we think we have problem with signature because one of the game has been released and the customers seem to have error when try to install it, Error 0008

I made a serach and seem that the problem is due to a wrong signature.

We have developed the game using Marmalade SDK that is able to deploy and sign for Playbook. When we have generated the certificates  and the debug token we have used the BlackBerryGraphicaAid tool, very nice and faster, the game has been tested on the device and work fine but to sign it for distribution we have used a check-mark inside the deploy tool of the SDK. Maybe it doesn't sign the application correctly but i can't verify.

I have tried to use the BlackBerryGraphicalAid to sign it but it require files who i haven't.

Output file is ok
blabkberry-tablet.xml i have
project-app.xml and swf files miss and also when the deploy tool generate the application it automatically generate the bar file.

How i can do ? I need to resend the game because a lot of customers sent us a mail where said they have problems to install it.

Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Signing problem.

You can verify the signature of your application using the steps here:

How to verify your BAR file is fully signed

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-verify-your-BAR-file-is-fully-s...

Are you able to reproduce this issue?  Do you see this error when installing using the graphical aid or just when installing through App World?

Have you verified that the users who reported this issue are not running the 2.0 beta?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Signing problem.

Hi,
i have fixed the problem, thank you. I have signed the application using the command line tool and i found some issue in the Package name, my company is called 7 Raven Studios and our package-name was com.7ravenstudios.gamename but 7ravenstudios is not accepted and i have to use sravenstudios

Now the game has been released and work.

Thanks.