Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: na

Simulator: "Deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now"

My simulator (5.0.0.411) has been working fine for a couple of weeks. But now, every time I try to delete the app I am developing so that I can load a new version on, I get this message:

"Deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now?"

I cannot load any apps on untill I have exited the simulator and opened it again - which takes 2-3 minute for it to boot.

If I try loading an app without deleting the existing app, all the apps dissapear and I still have to restart the simulator.

Anyone else had this problem before? Is there a setting on the phone somewhere? Do you think a process is still running which is stopping it from closing? If so, how do I view/stop processes?

I've tried loading a very simple app but the same still happens.

Any help would be great.

Regards.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Simulator: "Deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now"

The following link explains the triggers for restarting a BlackBerry smartphone when removing or upgrading an application.

The reason a reset is required when upgrading an application

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/The-reason-a-reset-is-required-when-up...

I recommend running the clean.bat file located in the simulator directory to reset the simulator back to its default state.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: na

Re: Simulator: "Deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now"

Thanks for the response Mark. Unfortunately it's still happening, even after running clean.bat. It's also happening in my other simulator now. Must be some obscure reason for it. If I ever figure it out I'll let you know.