Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
vfeudel
My Device: Blackberry 6950
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Simulator "device Error (DE427)"

Hi there,

When using the BB Simulator 5.0.0.621 for the BB 9650 and navigating with my computers mouse, I keep getting the "device Error (DE427) Message queue full".

After that, no matter if I choose "ignore" or another option, it just hangs and I can´t use it anymore.

This happens regularly and it really irritates me.

Does anyone have a solution or explanation to this issue by chance?

Haven't found anything here or on google...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Nils

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Simulator "device Error (DE427)"

This is an issue with Windows and/or the simulator executable itself (not the BlackBerry JVM and applications running within it).  Does it only occur with this particular BlackBerry smartphone simulator or any simulator?  What version of Windows are you running?  Does this only when the simulator is doing something specific (playing a video, displaying the camera preview, etc...) or does it happen all of the time?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vfeudel
My Device: Blackberry 6950
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Hi Mark and thanks for the quick response!

Sorry, should have mentioned this in my first post already:

I´m using Windows Vista Business SP2.

I could just reproduce the exact same error in the BB Simulator 5.0.0.681 for the 8520 Device.

I've had this error on the BB homescreen as well as within the BB browser - so it seems like it happens anywhere.

Greetings,

Nils

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

I followed up with our development team on this error.  They were already aware of the cause and have created a fix for future simulator releases.

Unfortunately we don't have a fix available for 5.0 simulators that have already been released.

Using the arrow keys on your keyboard for navigation instead of your mouse may help alleviate the issue.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitagrawalwinit
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Software Developer

The reason for such type of problems are:

An application is blocking the main event thread.
The main event thread processes system messages. Blocking this thread will prevent system messages from being processed and can lead to a message queue overflow.
Because there is a finite amount of storage for messages, the issue is caused when these messages are not being processed. If an application stops processing messages for a long period of time, the system assumes that the application is unresponsive and is no longer functioning as expected. This is the reason why the process has been killed.

We can resolve this problem by "Moving long processes or processes that block to a separate background thread."..

Please feel free to press like button, if u satisfy with solution.

AnkitRockks
Please use plain text.
driver2
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: gtt

i've encounter the same problem with a 9650, was streaming a video on youtube when the error came up and it restarted the phone since then i'm unable to connect back to the internet using WiFi which i was using when i was streaming
Please use plain text.