Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
lferreira
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vivo

T

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I’m developing some applications for BlackBerry smartphones which are focused on NFC and its uses. I already got the BlackBerry Code Signing Keys and the SDK, both are working fine, my issues are regarding the cell phone itself though.
Whenever I set the  “Allow NFC Card Transactions” settings on (both “When Locked or Backlight is OFF:” and “When Powered Off:” options), the NFC transactions I try to perform with the phone online get slightly unstable, sometimes they occur well, but most of the times, my attempts would only work well if the phone is on locked mode or off.

My doubts are: When the “Allow NFC Card Transactions” settings are on, should the mobile operate strictly on locked/off mode, or should it work online as well?
Is there a problem with the handset or its OS? Is this instability normal?

I’m currently using the BlackBerry Curve 9360 handset, 7.1 OS, with a NFC SIM card, and my development tool is the BlackBerry Plug-in for Eclipse.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: T

[ Edited ]

hi,

that doesn't sound like expected behaviour.

which build is running on your Curve?

a difference between locked and not that I can think of is the BlackBerry will occasionally be an active target - emitting a field to (for example) read tags, when unlocked. what reader are you using? does it offer any diagnostics? is it known to work with other smartphones?

anyway - please confirm the build number and I'll check with the development team.

thank you.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.