Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
igorjuricek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 BlackBerry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Trying to build the Hello World bar file

Hi, I get the Ripple to package the app files for me, I get the message that build was succesful, but no .bar file appears in the specified output folder, just the zip archive. Any ideas please?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Trying to build the Hello World bar file

Hi there,

Could you please provide a screenshot of your Ripple settings as well as the output folder you've specified?

Erik Oros

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor
igorjuricek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 BlackBerry Playbook
oros

Looks like Ripple is configured properly and the fact that we get a ZIP file shows that the packager does complete the initial step of creating an archive. That folder should contain the archive as well as the BAR file though.

Would you please be able to take the ZIP file that is in your output folder, then run the packager command from the command line. To do so, please copy the ZIP file to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp

Then, open a command-prompt and navigate to the same folder. From there, please execute the following command:

bbwp HelloWorld.zip

This should create a HelloWorld.bar file within the bin subfolder of the bbwp folder. Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\bin\HelloWorld.bar

Upon doing this, can you please provide a screen shot of your command-prompt window after you execute the bbwp command. As well as confirm whether your bin folder contains the BAR file as expected?

Erik Oros

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer
torrentjki
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I have exactly the same issue. I have tried executing bbwp HelloWorld.zip as described below but te bar file is not created.

oros

Can you please post the full output from the console that you are getting, along with the command? Also, can you please confirm which SDK version you are using?

New Developer
torrentjki

[ Edited ]

1st screenshot is the settings

2nd & 3rd are the output at the command

It runs, then displays build suceeded in ripple and creates a  helloworld.zip in the output destination but no .BAR

I'm using BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s543/torrentjki/settings1_zpsf531369c.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s543/torrentjki/build1_zpsb426a0c2.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s543/torrentjki/build2_zps3a2622fe.jpg

then I moved the zip file that it created to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp
 and run the command      bbwp helloworld.zip      

and here is the output from the command:

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s543/torrentjki/cmderror_zps92a25dbb.jpg

oros

Can you please confirm the contents of the following two folders:
1) C:\Program Files\Java
2) C:\Program Files (x86)\Java

Note, (2) may not exist which is fine. Also, can you please confirm whether you are on a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows? Finally, if you type UAC into the Start Menu, can you please verify if there is any level of restriction in place?

New Developer
torrentjki

C:\Program Files\Java  contains 3 folders :
jdk1.7.0_01
jdk1.7.0_07
jre7

C:\Program Files(x86)\Java does not exist
I'm using a 32-bit Windows7 system

UAC is set to default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer

Don't notify me when I make changes to window settings

oros

The error itself appears to be stemming from a JVM issue, and the tools actually require the latest version of JDK6 (32-bit). The format shouldn't be an issue since you're on a 32-bit system, so the best recommendation I can make at this point is to download the latest JDK6 (i.e. Java SE 6 Update 38):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

You will also need to either uninstall the existing JDK1.7 / JRE7 folders, or you could also temporarily rename/move them to another folder to avoid any conflicts.

I believe that should address the issue, though if it does not, I would also recommend trying with UAC turned all the way down as it's been known to cause issues.