Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
mr_subtle
My Device: Playbook

Trying to install signing keys. Failing with error: "Error: Already registered with RDK"

I've been trying to figure this out for the life of me, but I can't get anywhere.

I've request 4 different sets of keys from BlackBerry in the last 3 months - and none of them work for me.

I've used Google, this forum, and nothing - no one has an answer.

So here goes community - why would brand new keys give me this error when I try to sign them?

"Error: Already registered with RDK"

I found a note on a Google group somewhere that another person had the same message - it was because he had a previous IDE registered for an old PlayBook project.  I had one too, but that's long gone as far as I can tell.

Ideas?  I'm about read to give up proting my app.  I've already missed the 10K Dev Committment deadline because of this issue, so I'm pretty near fed up unless someone has a bright idea out there.

Here's hoping...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Trying to install signing keys. Failing with error: "Error: Already registered with RDK"

Are you trying to sign your application or install new keys?  That error is shown if you already have keys installed and try to install a new set on top of them.

Note that you can and should use the same keys on BlackBerry 10 as your PlayBook applications.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
mr_subtle

Re: Trying to install signing keys. Failing with error: "Error: Already registered with RDK"

How do I go about removing the old keys? They're well over a year old and ill be damned if I know the pin or pass code.
Contributor
mr_subtle

I should also say that since the last reply to this thread, I've attempted to remove all files related to the old set of keys.  I've even uninstalled Flash Builder in its entirety.

And I still get the error.

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Removing Flash Builder won't make a difference.  This article explains the location of the files you'll need to remove.

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
mr_subtle

Yeah I had already removed everything in the Library folder. I'll check again, in case I missed it, but that was the first place I looked. Here's hoping that's all it is.