Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
BBRunners
My Device: Q10, Z10
Accepted Solution

Unable to see builds on BlackBerry World

[ Edited ]

We uploaded a build to the BlackBerry World a few evenings ago and cannot seem to download it to a device. We did the following:

1) Signed the bar file. According to the tool "blackberry-signer -verify" it is signed.
2) Uploaded the build to the vendor portal in draft mode.
3) Set development mode on the device and accessed the developer menu in the BBW app.

We do not see our app listed when entering either the Product Name or Product ID in the search box.

Is there a step we might be missing?

Some searching on the forums suggested that it's a 24 hour period before builds became visible. Can anyone shed some light on this for us?

We've followed these steps exactly and are still unable to see our product.

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/blackberry-payment-services-sandbox/

I don't know if it makes a difference, but that UI has a button labeled "Test Content" instead of "Load" like in the blog post screenshots. We are running 10.2 OS beta on our devices.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Regular Contributor
lunaplena
My Device: Blackbery z10

Re: Unable to see builds on BlackBerry World

if your app passed certification, it will need at least 24 hous to be available on the app world.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Are you still experiencing this issue after waiting for the App World cache to clear? Here is how you can manually flush the cache:

1) open BBW client app

2) swipe down application menu

3) Select settings

4) from the settings screen, tap the version # 3 times.

That should clear cache.

Otherwise, can you confirm that your new bundle is targeting the right device, OS, carrier and country?

Finally, recommend double checking that the BBID you created when you setup the sandbox account is correct to the device you are testing on.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
BBRunners

Thanks Adam.

I've tapped the version number (4.4.0.11) several times. I assume there's no feedback for this action?

The file payload for the bundle is just our signed BAR file. Should there be something else?

I've checked the bundle settngs and have made them pretty permissive (min os 10.0.0, all BB OS 10 devices, all languages).

A BlackBerry support person was able to see our content through the BBW App last week. That inspires me that at least part of this setup is correct, and furthermore leads me to beleve that something is amiss with our BB ID / phone setups.

Is there anything more to linking the sandbox account to the device than just making sure the email addresses entered on the sandbox tab matches the one present in the "Blackberry ID" settings widget?

Is there any way to get anymore diagnostic information? Really shooting in the dark here.

I'd be happy to get you the credentials to our portal for  you to poke around if that would speed things up.

Thanks!

New Contributor
BBRunners

Another technician has helped us in the meantime. The fix was to create a brand new BB ID, add it to our sandbox, and we were good to go.

Thanks all.