09-25-2012 02:14 PM
If you need to backup your device data, back it up before performing this upgrade.
09-27-2012 10:23 PM
Another thing that anyone must know, if your current BB10 Dev Alpha locked with password that too short (8 characters or less), then you should to disabled it.
Why? Because if your password too short after upgrading int OS v10.0.9 you can't unlock the device and then you need to re-updating again.
10-15-2012 04:01 PM
Missing some steps there:
So the instructions are as follows:
For steps 1-3 you should NOT have your dev alpha plugged in or any other blackberry device.
For ALL these steps DO NOT open blackberry desktop manager, and if its running in the background close it! You are NOT using BB desktop manager to update your phone. The only time you may have to open BBD is if you mess these steps up and need to repair your device.
1. Go here and download file in blue box: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberr
2. Unzip that file to a location on your computer.
3. Execute the file: AppLoaderWebSL_22.214.171.124 - from that location in step 2, which will install mysterious things.
4. Plug in your dev alpha device - WAIT - ignore messages saying device found / not found...
5. When it is fully booted go to step 6... (Still do not let BB desktop manager open)
6. Check the battery level and make sure its more than 50% (to be safe) - if not WAIT till it is!
7. Remove any passwords.
8. Go to location in step 2 and run the file: WipeReload
9. WAIT for it to recognize the alpha device - it takes time to get the pin. Click ok
An updating blackberry device software window will popup - wait a long time for the modules to update. Allow it to finish.
Hope this helps.