Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
silverchen
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Re: Updating to 10.0.6 always fails at Module 35 of 39

I'm facing this problem also. Any alternative solution for those that using slower internet connection speed? There's no that fast of speed in my living area.

Contributor
a5enk
My Device: Developer - Theme Maker

have you tried 'DEBRICK SOLUTION'

the modules is only 2.

-After you have backed up your device, with the BlackBerry Desktop Software still running, and your device still connected, restart your device.

-On the device, tap the battery icon in the top right corner. Tap Restart.

-The BlackBerry Desktop Software prompts you with a message saying it cannot communicate with the device.

-Click Update. A dialog box appears requesting that you confirm the repair of the device. Repairing your device resets it to the factory defaults.

-Click Repair. The repair can take up to an hour. After it completes, the BlackBerry Desktop Software prompts you about software updates available for your device.

hope this will solved

================================================
www.berryzone.biz
New Contributor
silverchen
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

The debricking way of installation works just fine as described. Thank you very much. I think this post should be marked as "resolved".

Developer
positive6900
My Device: bb10 dev alpha

hi friends

earlier i was also facing the same problem while updating,i got stuck on 37 module ,but i tried to update 4-5 times again-2 first on laptop via wifi then on pc computer,and finally got the update.

you also try again ,you will get the update.

thankyou

www.optimisedtech.com

step towards acme

Developer
positive6900
My Device: bb10 dev alpha

hi friends

mine is working fine now .

wait for 5 minutes you will get a pop that thier is an update available,if this not happens connect your device ,click on device properties and search for updates thier it will show the update available.

thankyou.

www.optimisedtech.com

Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I tried it 5 times today - always the same result like descriped in the OP. I am located in Germany, my internet connection is not very fast but it took about 35 until modul 35 is loaded, so connection is OK imho. What is wrong here?

Developer
georg22

OK, the DEBRICK solution finally worked for me too. But after the update i was unable to close the desktop manager. I wasted a few houres today. RIM, please make it better.

Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

The modules are cached on disk.  On windows 7 go to:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\Application Loader\Cache\

The folder inside there is a cache of whats being updated - HOWEVER I tried copying those files out into another folder then when the "Internet connection" error pops up and the download restarts from 0 I copy the files into the new cache BUT that doesn't work either.  The desktop app re-downloads even overwriting existing modules.  Lame design if you ask me.

I have a 1MB dsl connection, I don't understand why there's no download bundle like for the phones.  It would make the update easier.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Developer
georg22

I have a 1MB DSL connection too and was facing the same problem. But the debrick solution (descriped above) worked for me. I can say that the error seems to occur always after 35 minutes. So maybe there is a build in timeout? Lame design indeed...

Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

AAAARGH!  This is fustrating.  Attempt number 5 = FAIL!

I have now tried the "debrick" theory and instead I have a brick.

Still only gets to 35 of 39 modules and fails to install.  Followed the prompts as outlined.  I find it hugely fustrating that there's no single file download that can be installed.  What happens if I need to reset the device after developing on it... go through the web update again!?

Its annoying that it starts back at 0 after the error.  If it has a timeout on the download at least resume download.  Akamei - if indeed BB uses them, are notorious for bad downloads.  I am forced to use them for Microsoft's MSDN digital downloads and it always fails. (Hopefully you not using them)

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy: