Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Updating to 10.0.6 always fails at Module 35 of 39

In the "debrick" way there are only 2 modules. So i think you have tried a normal "update", not a repair, or something else got wrong. When i did the debrick, the download of only 2 modules was indicated. The dowload took about 35 minutes. The DevApha was dead during this time and started automaticaly with the new OS.

Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Tx for the further explanation, I missed the part about downloading 2 modules FIRST then doing the 39 modules update after.  HOWEVER,  after clicking on repair mine does not download the 2 modules ever!  It checks for updates and finds the 39 module update for:

Platform 386 (in brackets platform 385)

This version offers support for new languages, BlackBerry Bridge updates and Multi-media enhancements. Get the full list here: www.blackberry.com/playbook

Am I missing somehthing, clearly my dev alpha is not "repairing" or "debricking" - how can I reset it to factory settings?

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Developer
The_Anomaly

I have followed this page to the letter:

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update

I have used revo uninstaller to remove every trace of BB software.  I downloaded and re-installed desktop manager from that page.  I followed the "repair" instructions BUT after clicking repair desktop manager finds me only one update - the one that's not working!  I tried restarting the device many times but it never downloads 2 modules on repair.

I received the device in Cape Town with 10.0.4 Bundle 188 software.  How will I know that the device is at factory defaults?  What will version number be?  Will I see icons for my apps I installed?

Developer
The_Anomaly

Wow, after so many restart attempts, its now downloading the 2 modules... Hoping this will do it.

Sorry for posting so much, thanks for assistance.

Developer
The_Anomaly

I can confirm that this did in fact update the phone.  However It only updated the 2 modules (big ones) and then desktop manager says there are no updates available.  Seems the phone is now at 10.0.6

Tx for the help.

New Developer
SCarabetta
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

I had the same problem with a 1MB connection at home, half a dozen attempts failed at module 32 of 39. Retry painfully started all over again from scratch.

After browsing the forum I tried again at work, with a 5MB connection, and the update failed at the same module... BUT this time the retry (I really don't know why I gave it one more chance) started installing the update instead of downloading from module 0.

So I guess the same error msg (update failed, check your Internet connection) is masking different problems, and that could explain why some succeed after several retries and some not at all.

Keep trying anyway, it's worth the effort!

Contributor
mrmartis
My Device: BB9900, Playbook Wifi 32 GB, BB10 Dev Alpha

debrick solution works perfectly.