Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
kenonacid
My Device: developer

What if you really need some hand-holding?

Is there any way to get a Blackberry expert on the phone?    I've been trying for days to get the phone simulators to show an HTML email and have had no luck.   All of the messages on this forum about this topic point to what appears to be an out-of-date procedure for connecting the Blackberry Simulator to a Blackberry Enterprise Server through v4 of the Blackberry Destop Manager.  But it is now on version 6 and called the Blackberry Desktop Software.  I can find no procedure for the newest combination.   I'd love to actually have someone who has made this work to take me through it step-by-step until I have it working on my PC.   Any way at all to do that?

Developer
superdirt
My Device: Not Specified

Re: What if you really need some hand-holding?

I think what you want to be looking at is ESS. It will allow you to access your Outlook settings from within a BlackBerry simulator. Check out:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Introduction-to-the-Email-Services-Sim...

I've used ESS to pass messages from outlook to the BB sim.

Scott

New Developer
kenonacid
My Device: developer

Hey Scott!

Thanks for the tip about ESS. Unfortunately it does not handle HTML email. We need to get it working for HTML email. The docs I can find say it can be done through the desktop manager but unfortunately so far we haven't found a hosted service that works doing the enterprise activation without wireless for the simulators.
Developer
superdirt
My Device: Not Specified

I was not aware you couldn't send HTML emails via ESS. Thanks for the info. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck!

Scott