Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
d1Vitaliy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What is BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml ?

Hi Everybody!

I am interesting about BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file.

What is it?

Thanks for your time

Please use plain text.
Developer
sonicboomboy
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

Re: What is BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml ?

Taken from BB Java Plug-in for Eclipse documentation

• The properties of a BlackBerry® application project are contained in the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file.
    Note: The BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file is not located in a source folder. A change to the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml
    file does not trigger a Java® build and does not package a BlackBerry application project.
    The properties of a BlackBerry® application project are contained in the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file.Note: The BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file is not located in a source folder. A change to the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xmlfile does not trigger a Java® build and does not package a BlackBerry application project.
  • BlackBerry® application projects extend Java® projects. The BlackBerry® Java® Plug-in for Eclipse® stores BlackBerry application project properties in the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file. You can change the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file in the Eclipse XML editor. You can import BlackBerry project files (.jdp) that you created by using the BlackBerry® JDE Plug-in for Eclipse® 1.0 or the BlackBerry® Java® Development Environment into the Eclipse workspace by using the Import Legacy BlackBerry Projects feature of the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse® .

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
Please use plain text.