Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Wind

When are our applications due

Hello all! I am a dev alpha holder who is really enjoying the new BB environment and developer tools and support. I watched the keynote for jam Americas and recall that for the 10k promotion the application will be due mid January I believe. I am also wondering when the application is due to qualify for a device upgrade on release. I will keep looking for the exact dates but if anyone knows or could provide a link that would be great. Thanks again.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Re: When are our applications due

Can anyone from Blackberry officially verify this:

quote -> I am also wondering when the application is due to qualify for a device upgrade on release.

I have heard this amongst developers and one even pointed me to a 3rd party news source as saying such BUT I have yet to see it on a blackberry blog.  I too would like to know and it would add incentive to many other developers out there...

I attended BB Jam south africa and there was no mention of this.  Is it specific to region maybe?

If it helped you, click like. Smiley Happy
New Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

From one of the keynote videos, I belive they mentioned Jan 23, 2013.

Don't remember the link.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Yes would assume the dates would be the same to encourage as many apps as possible for BB10 release but haven`t heard/seen it from an official source yet.
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Alec Saunders announced this at BB Jam in Vancouver and it has been tweeted by them many times.  Tim, Eduardo, and many others have said the same thing to me over BBM and we've had a few chats on it when talking to RIM folk.

RIM will be swapping your Dev Alpha (unit will be recycled, and no no-one can keep their dev alpha) for a new BlackBerry 10 limited edition phones for developers.

Lol!  And sorry, you did not help, so no I'm not clicking on like!

But here you go:  http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/07/blackberry-10-jam-world-tour-beijing/ (brought to you by Google...)

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Well done.  You were helpful so I am clicking like!  Finally a mention on a blackberry blog!

If it helped you, click like. Smiley Happy