Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Win 8.1 no device connection?

Anyone have the latest Momentics and Windows 8.1 working?

Auto-discover and manual IP setting doesn't work, reporting 'no device connected'.

Tested with Dev Alpha C and Z10 LE.

Any suggestions on how to get it working again greatly appreciated.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Win 8.1 no device connection?

I'll be interested to see how this turns out since I will probably be getting a new primary development laptop in the next month that will be running Win8.1. My current development laptop and desktop both run Win7 x64 Ultimate. Please keep us updated if you get this running.

BBSJdev wrote:

Anyone have the latest Momentics and Windows 8.1 working?

Auto-discover and manual IP setting doesn't work, reporting 'no device connected'.

Tested with Dev Alpha C and Z10 LE.

Any suggestions on how to get it working again greatly appreciated.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Well, I was hoping someone already had it working but with no response I'll try to re-install the drivers, it was fine under Win 8.

I don't think I've yet to have a problem free Momentics update, the QML problem has been fixed in the latest update (thanks for that BlackBerry) but now this. :-)

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Same here. I think the main problem with Momentics is that it just a "skin" on eclipse, which is a hopeless mishmash that has grown up over many years with everything including the kitchen sink bolted on. Say what you will about msft, the VS experience is light-years better.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

[ Edited ]

I do all BB10 development in Qt Creator and it's awesome, but harder to setup because it's not officially supported. :smileysad:

Everything is working (or can be made to work) except visual QML editor. It's much more responsive than Eclipse and supports Qt constructs better.

Sorry for offtopic. :smileyhappy: Just wanted to recommend trying it if you haven't already.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Are you able to connect to the device using BlackBerry Link?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Hi Mark,

I've answered you via email, for those following this thread, Link doesn't work which is why I suspect some driver incompatibility.
However the device is recognised as a BlackBerry Drive as if it cannot handshake with Link/Momentics that the software is already installed.

Currently I'm trying a delete and re-install of Link to see if this clears any driver problems.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the update.  For the BlackBerry Drive part, are you able to browse and access your files or does it act as if no drivers are installed (drive just has a link to download BlackBerry Link)?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

I could access the files and having deleted Link and then re-installed it, Momentics (and Link) are now working again.

There was obviously some disconnect there after the 8.1 update but for me at least it's fixed and for once I didn't have to re-install Momentics. :smileyhappy:

Thanks Mark.

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Good to hear... I guess I can go ahead with that upgrade now.

:Yes:

BBSJdev wrote:

I could access the files and having deleted Link and then re-installed it, Momentics (and Link) are now working again.

There was obviously some disconnect there after the 8.1 update but for me at least it's fixed and for once I didn't have to re-install Momentics. :smileyhappy:

Thanks Mark.

Please use plain text.