Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
ykuoles
My Device: curve

application installation error msg

Hello everyone,

I am using MoSync IDE to develop a BB application.

the IDE generates .jar and .jad files when i build the application.

I converted the .Jar and .jad files to .cod file using that command

rapc import="C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=RSSStarterApp -midlet jad=RSSStarterApp.jad RSSStarterApp.jar

when I click my application to install on the device or the emulator I get that error msg "Starting Error Null Pointer"

What would be the problem, and is there any other method to do the above steps that might solve the problem??

Thx for your time

Regards

New Contributor
FredrikEldh
My Device: N/A

Re: application installation error msg

Hi,

I'm a MoSync developer. I've tried to reproduce your problem, without success.

I used MoSync 2.6. I built the example "3dLines", with the BlackBerry/5.0 profile, to create a JAR/JAD file pair, uploaded them to a webserver, and downloaded the app to a BlackBerry 9780 by entering the JAD file's address into the web browser.

The app installed and ran without problems.

Which MoSync version, which device profile and what hardware did you use? With that information, I hope we can resolve your problem.

New Developer
ykuoles

Hello,

thx for your reply.

So now I donot need to convert my files to .cod??

and do I have to upload my files to a server, because I just downloaded from email message as attachement.

New Contributor
FredrikEldh
My Device: N/A

COD conversion is not always needed, but I hear that there are some devices that block installation of JAD/JAR files, so you may need it for those ones.

Uploading is the only way I've tried, but I'm not much of a BlackBerry expert. Other ways may work.
New Developer
ykuoles

ok so to get a better understanding, you upload both files to webserver at the same location, then you copy the link of the .jad file not the .jar, in the bb browser. I'll try that and hope it works