Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: bb 10 dev can not start

Hmm...I'm going to do a new install on a other machine and see what happens

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
New Developer
fbloise
My Device: BB10 Alpha Dev
My Carrier: Tmobile

hopefully it solves your problem
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dreamviewer
My Device: BB 10 Dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Yes it does solve your problems. But its irritationg when you have to wait downloading the updates for an hr three times a day. There should be some concrete solution for this.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

I have tried on two machines with the same outcome. The desktop software is telling me to enter the password on the alpha device but the alpha Device doesn't pass the boot screen to enter the password. Its a catch 22. I'm locked out. I have not bothered writing any new code since the update came out. It should be easier. I don't think anyone should spend this much time for an update.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dreamviewer

WOW !!! one more time... Just fixed the Dev Alpha sucessfully:Clap:... Just opened the App Store.... and Boom... The Black Screen is back Again...:Censored:  :No: is there any way to sort this or should we stop developing apps until something rigid comes out? :Eek::Beta1:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hanzhaoyou
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Unicom

I meet the same issue. After reinstall the system by Desktop manager 7.1, it still can not boot.  I seems that the imame isn't stable enough.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jordaan0_gmail
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook, BlackBerry 10 dev alpha device
My Carrier: mtn

i had a simmilar issue today my device went dead and only the red light was blinking so i pluged it into the desktop manager then it asked if i wanted to update the os to 10.0.6 i clicked yes then it asked if i wanted to repair my device.

after i repaired it that way now the device works  normaly again.

the only thing is that you loos all your data.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dreamviewer

[ Edited ]

Found a better Solution

Hello Guys I found a better soultion to get rid of this update. Reverting Back to Your old OS  10.0.4.197 :Clap:

Steps

After updating/repairing your BB10 to 10.0.6.386 sucessfully

0. Ebable Developer mode and wifi file sharing on your PlayBook. Also, make sure that your Dev Alphak is charged to at least 25%.

1. Download Dingleberry. It is still available from http://dingleberry.it/

2. Download the BB1o Developer Alpha OS. You can choose either of these versions:

10.0.4.197,10.0.6.386 from http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/OSs/PlayBook%20OSs/

3. Open the zip file and extract the qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.desktop.xxxxxxxxxxxx.signed.bar (the other bar seems to be a wireless radio that is not necessary). The bar you want is the larger of the two.

4. Place the qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.desktop.BB10_0_04.197.196525.signed.bar in the \Firmware\Custom folder of the Dingleberry folder. If this directory does not exist, create it.

5. Run Dingleberry and select Firmware. Select custom, and click update. Your firmware should update.

NOTE: your sim might stop working after this. (I know, who cares, its of no use anyways).  I will not be responsible if your BB10 stops working. :Tt2:

Now you can develop apps hasel free with your old OS.

TO RIM: If you want developers to contine develop Apps for BB10 Please do not stop this method, as RIM has no answer for this, so let others help. :Rolleyes:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

yesterday released a new update that solves problems

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hanzhaoyou
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Unicom

I try the lastest build( 10.0.6 bundle 545), it works well.

Please use plain text.