If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Trusted Contributor
osus
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

(bb10) code signing request failed because package-type value debug-token is not allowed

Today, when trying to create a new debug token I got this message:

code signing request failed because package-type value debug-token is not allowed

I'm using Gold SDK on Flash Builder 6. Some days ago it worked fine.

It might be related to push permission on my sign keys, I'm not sure.

Any idea?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

Re: (bb10) code signing request failed because package-type value debug-token is not allowed

More info. It's with AIR GOLD SDK

C:\Users\jmiglesias\Desktop>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.0.0\bin\blackberry-debugtokenrequest" -storepass mypass -devicepin MYPIN  Bb10debugtoken.bar

Error: Code signing request failed because Package-Type value debug-token is not allowed.

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

Re: (bb10) code signing request failed because package-type value debug-token is not allowed

And the same trying to renew an existing token:

Unable to renew some debug tokens
  C:\Users\osus\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\bb10debugtoken.bar: Error: Code signing request failed because Package-Type value debug-token is not allowed.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

And the same happens from Android SDK:

C:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ajde_1.5.0.201211282047\blackberry.tools.SDK\bin>blackberry-debugtokenrequest -storepass MYPASS -devicepin MYPIN Bb10debugtoken.bar

Error: Code signing request failed because Package-Type value debug-token is not allowed.

Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

Any help on this?

I'm blocked on the final steps of my BB10 app!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
pgarcia
My Device: Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey Jesus,

any chance that you have the original signing information replaced by the new one o something like that? I believe you have them backed up, right? If so, have you tried to Restore them and create the new debug token?

Cheers

---
Paulo Garcia
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

I did it before asking for new ones.

I had it installed on my main machine and they failed soy I imported them into a new one with same results.

Finally I got new ones.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
pgarcia
My Device: Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi

I've sent you problem and this thread link to the right team that will help you. Please, stay tuned for a feedback from them.

Thanks

---
Paulo Garcia
Please use plain text.
New Developer
lchampagnie
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi All,

I am currently having the same issues with my debug tokens as well. I was able to create them just fine before getting push permissions on my keys. 

After getting push permissions on my keys I was no longer able to create debug tokens. 

I am however able to sign and deploy ok.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus

Any advance on this guys?

Please use plain text.