Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
Accepted Solution

call with devalpha 10.0.9?

Hi,

I don't have a micro SIM to check this myself so I must ask: is it possible to make calls with the dev alpha A 10.0.9?

Thanks!

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900

Re: call with devalpha 10.0.9?

I also would like to know this, I am in the same position, considering trying out a micro SIM but don't want to buy one if the OS doesn't support calls yet.

Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Well I have a micro sim.  They relatively cheap in South Africa BUT, how would you load airtime?  I am on PAYG with the micro sim, it would be a waste getting a data plan right now in my case as the phone doesn't yet do much.

You can't make calls and the contacts window does not yet work.  I know you can add contacts through code but you still need airtime and that functionality would require being able to dial which I can seem to get right yet.

Guess we wait.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Developer
Shikimori-roro-kun
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition

THanks, i was wondering the same, stil i think that with a third party dialer we can make calls, also i dont have the micro SIM card and i thank that i didnt bought it XD

Developer
arindamhit
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Did microsim is recognized in india?? I tried with Aircel. But it is not detected.. anyone tried with microsim in india??