Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: playbook, BOLD 9780, Z10
My Carrier: fido

how do you package and deploy for upload for approval

Sorry, this may be a niaive question.. I have a working app that runs nicely on the dev alpha. and, as I finish field testing, I would like to submit it .... I have registered keys and a debug token that works on the device nicely... I would like to generate .bar files etc. but I cannot find a checklist of what is needed... Does all the magic happen when you run the ide for a device-release.... I am reluctant to experiment too much because of earlier grief from playing around... Is this an automated process????? regards, rich

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/a

Re: how do you package and deploy for upload for approval

When you set up your development environment, one of the steps is to run the BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard. Among other things, this wizard configures the IDE to enable application signing. When you build an application, the .bar file that is created is automatically signed using the signing keys that you specified.

Contributor
My Device: playbook, BOLD 9780, Z10
My Carrier: fido

Thank You... I guess my next  question is, is there a checklist of what must be packaged and zipped to upload the app... i know it must include the splash file, icon png-- is there a clear list of what is needed in the final.. or do we run the target as  release-device to package the thing... silly, that this is my stumbling block after the progress so far...thanks , rich

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

To package a release BAR file right click on your project and choose Export -> Release Build and make sure you check off Enable Digital Signing.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker