Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

is there a special bb phonebook export software or trick to grab all my phone book down?

please help guys

ive been trying all sorts of ways for ages.

i have used my private phone for years and have accumulated a lot of contacts in the phonebook.  i cant find a way to export these to another source like gmail or whatever so that when i plan to change to iphone i have a way to pull these down to that new device.

ive used the blackberry desktop to backup all the contacts so thats done - but is that in a format i can use elsewhere?

i really need some help please.

thank you

matt

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: is there a special bb phonebook export software or trick to grab all my phone book down?

If you're using Gmail as a email account onyour 9900, simply enable contact syncing on your gmail account ON your 9900... your contacts will sync with your gmail account, when you install your gmail account on your iPhone, the contacts will be present for you there.

Open your Setup on the 9900 > Email accounts > Gmail and allow the contact syncing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: is there a special bb phonebook export software or trick to grab all my phone book down?

Hi. Thank you. Yes I did enable sync on. Didn't shift them. Will try an export and then see if I can pull in to gmail that way. I fear 18k contacts is going to hinder me. Ps, why are you recommending an earlier version of bb desktop rather than the newer ones. Are the earlier ones better for this activity.
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

matthewsjones wrote:
Hi. Thank you. Yes I did enable sync on. Didn't shift them.

Open your Options/Settings from the main screen > Device > Advanced Settings > Default Services, and now many your Gmail Address the default address book.

matthewsjones wrote:
 Ps, why are you recommending an earlier version of bb desktop rather than the newer ones. Are the earlier ones better for this activity.

The latest Desktop Software version 7.1 does not sync to ASCII files.  I know version 6 and maybe 6.1 does so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code