If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
billbill
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: -

signing playbook updates issue

Hi,

trying to update a playbook app, I got this message:

File bundle (file.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

Which indicates that I need to use the original keys to sign the app. So, I have a couple of

questions:

1) I only have the original barsigner.csk and barsigner.db but not the .p12 certificate. Can I regenerate it and how ?

2) I tried replacing the package ID inside the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of the new .bar file with the old
package ID and didn't get the error above. Will this result in a valid app or finding the original set of keys is the only way to go ?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: signing playbook updates issue

1.  You can regenerate your .p12 file without affecting your package-id.  The steps to do so vary based on the developer tool you are using.  Which one do you have?

2.  Don't do this.  :smileyhappy:  It will cause issues when you try to deploy your app.   Just create a new .p12 file.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
billbill
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: -

Hi,
I am currently developing using Blackberry Webworks SDK for Tablets version 2.2.0.5 if this is what you mean.

Can you be more specific on the steps i need to follow?

Thanx again

Please use plain text.
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there,

You can use the instructions here (Step 1) to generate a new P12 file:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Configure_signing_for_tablet_application...

Note that Ripple requires it to be called author.p12, but otherwise you should be able to call it what you like. You can skip Step 2 and Step 3.

Erik Oros

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.