Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
natearn
My Device: Not Specified

unable to view OpenLayers maps in simulator

[ Edited ]

I need some help figuring out how to get OpenLayers to load in the BlackBerry browser (to eventually be used in a webworks application). 

I am using:

BlackBerry Widget SDK v1.5.0.18

9800 - 6.0.0.227 simulator (included in SDK)

Windows XP SP2 within VirtualBox OSE on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I was planning on including a screenshot of the OpenLayers page (which has a map on it), but the "insert/edit image" button is crashing my browser page. What I am seeing, is the browser drawing the frame of the map, but not filling it. I am using XP because it is relatively light-weight and thus better suited for running as a virtual machine.

If you need more information, please instruct me on how to retrieve it. I appreciate your time and expertise,

Nate

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: unable to view OpenLayers maps in simulator

Do you mean it works on a real BlackBerry Smartphone, but fails in the simulator in your environment?  Or have you only tried it in the simulator so far?

Can you provide a sample URL?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
natearn

I have only been testing on simulators. I have seen it load on a simulator at least once, it just wont load on any simulator on my system. I figure this is a configuration or version issue, but I am unable to identify the source. I have tried multiple simulators so far, same result on each.

I assume sample URL means this:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/

http://www.openlayers.org/

Nate

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

This seems to be an issue with the MDS-CS Simulator.  If I setup a simulated WiFi connection in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator and use the browser (without the MDS-CS Simulator) the images load fine.

I also tried it on a read BlackBerry Smartphone and it worked fine using both WiFi and BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES, using MDS-CS).  So it looks like a MDS-CS Simulator issue.  I'm not 100% sure of this right now because the MDS-CS I used was version 4.1.5, but my BES is version 5.0.

I have logged this issue in Issue Tracker here:  https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TOOL-207

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
MTrottier

Hi! i'm trying to run my site on a BlackBerry and i'm using OpenLayers.

On the emulator, i got noting and on a real device a got only my html's "body" (input text, button etc.) but no maps.

=/

i thought it was my path to my OpenLayers.js but i tried many things but noting.

I got this error in Eclipse when debuggin :

ReferenceError: "OpenLayers" is not defined. 

my path is : <script type="text/javascript" src="libautres/OpenLayers.js"></script>

am i missing someting ?

which version of OpenLayers do you use ?