Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
scanan
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

version number in "Application Properties" doesn't match what I set it to in "Version" on JDE

I have created an app and it is up to version 0.9.4.  I set that version number in the JDE under project properties.  This version number is also shown on the splash screen of the app.  I build and sign the app.  I send the .jad and .cod files to have them uploaded on our web page.  When I go to our page on my blackberry, it shows the version is 0.9.1.  When I install this app, "Application Properties" shows 0.9.1 but the app itself shows 0.9.4.  I see in the .jad file that it says 0.9.1. 

How do I make them match?  Can I simply change that part of the .jad file with a text editor to the current version?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: version number in "Application Properties" doesn't match what I set it to in "Version" on JDE

What version of BlackBerry JDE are you using?  There is an issue in some older releases where it doesn't update the version number in the JAD file.  To work around it you can manually update the version in the JAD file or delete the JAD file, forcing the BlackBerry JDE to re-create it when it builds your application.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scanan
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: version number in "Application Properties" doesn't match what I set it to in "Version" on JDE

It is 6.0.0.37.  I delete the jad file and see how that works.  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.