Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 10K program and available API's

The requirements for the Built for BlackBerry program are really around helping developers be successful. It's almost like a wager: We think that if you build a quality application that follows our guidelines, you should earn at least $10,000 in a year. We believe it strongly enough that we will guarantee that you do.

The requirements are based on helping to define what "quality" applications are on BlackBerry. As a necessity they are a little fuzzy around the edges.

That said, the checklist shows "one must apply" for the services integrations. I think that's pretty fair. If you have a serious app there are likely a few of them that would make your app even better than it would be without. Several of these are still coming to Cascades even, let alone WebWorks, but we are working through them. Today you can use BBM, Push, and Invocation, and we have an example for NFC to be posted soon. The next most critical one in my eyes is Payment and I'm told it's being worked on.

Regarding the budget and timelines, WebWorks developers have more time to get their app in, but are not at a disadvantage because they still have to be in before the devices launch, and the money is paid out based on how quickly you earn the $1000 minimum during the year, not how quickly you get your app in the store.

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.