Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

9000 Series - __doPostBack issues

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to create dynamic hyper links in an asp.net ListView in a web application I'm developing for use on the Black Berry (and several other mobile devices).

I tried using asp:LinkButton controls, but they did not seem to respond in the Black Berry (using the simulator downloaded from the Black Berry site - 9000 series).  I do in fact have JavaScript enabled, other script I'm using for style purposes does seem to work. 

My other option was to just handle the client-side onclick event for a span element, which I styled to look like a hyperlink, then call __doPostBack in the script to trigger the server-side code.  Nothing seemed to happen when I did so, so I attached visual studio 2008 to debug.  It called the script, once it hit the __doPostBack call it hung for a bit & then the Black Berry simulator crashed.  I have a bug dump if needed.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do, we want avoid passing ids via the query string.

Thanks,
Sean McGill

EDIT: Removed personal information

Developer

Re: 9000 Series - __doPostBack issues

New Developer

Re: 9000 Series - __doPostBack issues

That fixed it, thanks very much!