Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

A Swiss Army Knife Extension for BB10

AKA a SAKE - its not original, we just ain't got one

A SAKE does all those stupid little things the native language can't / won't do or does badly

An example that's currently bugging me is JS's rand() - it sux

There are also computationally expensive gut simple to implement in an extension things like MD5 (yes, you can get it from the crypto - you may only want MD5 though)

Yep, it's bloat-ware as its doubtful you'd use the entire library

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to put into SAKE - random and MD5 are already on my list as is printf

In most cases a SAKE addition should be an interface to a standard C library function

If the code for something harder (e.g. MD5) is open source and easy to implement that is also acceptable

SAKE needs to be kept clean, only providing essential additions to the normal abilities we have in Wen Works

If you want, for example, something that parses XML with DC - it don't belong in SAKE (I want that one myself but it will be a separate extension)

Please reply to this if you have any good suggestion(s) so I can do a build in a few weeks / months (depends on how many people come up with ideas)

The content of this extension is entirely community-driven and should prove to be extremely useful

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!