Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: No mobile
Accepted Solution

A question about the record function for webworks/media/microphone

For the following function:

static void record(filePath : String, onCaptured : function, onError : function)

The description of filePath is:

full path to the file, specified in the form of file:// URL

Now, is it possible to directly save the recorded file on the server?(The given example shows a way to save the recorded file inside local storage on playbook, but I don't want this.)

If so, could you provide me an example as well as explaining to me how I should set the server permissions to be able to do this?

Thanks!!!

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: A question about the record function for webworks/media/microphone

Hi cuixu66,

I do not believe its possible to save the file remotely (although I could very well be wrong). 

One alternative to what you're proposing is the upload/download plugin from our community APIs.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Contributor

Thank Jeff,

I have tried to use the upload/download plugin.

And I have failed to do so.

It seems to me the documentation for upload/download plugin for playbook is a little outdated? And the example provided didn't work for me either.

But ya, I guess I will try to do that again and see how it goes. I really hope someone has tested it and show us some more working examples:smileyhappy:
Contributor

Hello Jeff,

For the upload/download plugin, could you check out the documentation and confirms the part "How To Configure The Extension For Use" is correct?

For example:
It states:
2. Create a new webworks.io.filetransfer directory in the ext directory

But all directory in my ext directory reads as "blackberry.io.something"

Another examples:
It states:

6. Copy the downloaded Tablet\UploadDownload\src\webworks directory to your new ext\webworks.io.filetransfer\webworks directory
But inside downloaded
Tablet\UploadDownload\src\
directory, there's only one directory named Air.

Please please tell me if the documentation is correct in the first place. Then update it if possible.

I really need this plugin for my development!

Thanks
Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi cuixu66,

1. It doesn't matter what you call the directory you place it in, but you must create a new directory in your <webworks sdk install>/ext directory
  2. Simply copy all of the files from the UploadDownload directory into the directory you created earlier in the <webworks sdk install>/ext directory

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)