Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

[ASK]

I created an application which uses HTML5 + jquery mobile. But after I install a native application with the help of Blackberry SDK and Ripple, Performance was almost the same as my application in the browser. Is there another way to applications such as application nativ HTML5 becomes a smooth Performance?

Regards,
Bertho
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: [ASK]

Since websites in the browser and apps based on WebWorks SDK both using an underlying browser (Webkit) technology and running on the same system accessing same hardware ressources I would assume the performance of an installed app, not including the time for downloading eg. frameworks like jQuery, will be almost the same as of the same "app" running directly in the browser.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

There is no other way you can do to maximize my webworks application?

Regards,
Bertho
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

bertho_joris wrote:

There is no other way you can do to maximize my webworks application?

Maximize? Do you mean maximize the performance of the app? Using Web Inspector (port 1337) as a debugger you are able to use profiles to trigger eg. memory usage, loading times for script calls and so on. Perhaps this can help optimizing the app a little bit.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.