Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Rogers

ASP.NET Web Application using Windows Authentication

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I have an ASP.NET Web Application running with Windows authentication that is working fine through Windows and even a few different Blackberry models, but then on other Blackberry models it is not functioning. Here are the results of some of my testing:

Windows: automatically logs in with domain credentials

BB Curve 8530 on OS 5: Prompts for login, and loads up correctly upon a successful login

BB Bold 9700 on OS 6: No prompt for login; login fails with error "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 401.2"

BB Torch 9810 on OS 7: No prompt for login; login fails with error "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 401.2"

BB Bold 9930 on OS 7.1: No prompt for login; login fails with error "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 401.2"

BB Playbook on OS 2.0: Prompts for login, and loads up correctly upon a successful login

Has anyone else witnessed this and have any ideas on what can be done in order to resolve this? I've done quite a bit of searching around and none of the suggestions I've found have helped. Let me know if additional details are required. Thanks

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: ASP.NET Web Application using Windows Authentication

Try porting it to php and then repackage. Because PHP is free source and most of the platformsupports php