Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

ASP.net postback url Issues with BB Browser

Hey all,

I have developed a asp site that works great in IE and Firefox but is set up specifically for the Blackberry.

On the BB Browser however the postback urls either do not work or the BB is loading them then loading the home page right after(I cannot tell which.)  I am using a masterpage and when a button is clicked it goes onto a new form with a new poplulated panel in it.  This does not occure when useing the simulator.  I beleive the trouble started when I set the start page.

I am using Visual Studio 08 with the blackberry plug in and the simulator is 9550 Storm(v5.0.0.469)

sample button code : <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" BackColor="#C3A37E" Height="55px"
                        Text="Breakfest" Width="115px" CssClass="style10"
                        PostBackUrl="~/fmButton1.aspx" />

Any and all help would be great.

-Rick

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: ASP.net postback url Issues with BB Browser

Hey all I solved my own problem. 

To overcome this situation there is small work around for this. The below code matches the browser name from the Request object and set the ECMA(JavaScript) script version to 1.5, so that the BlackBerry Browser recognizes the javascript generated by the ASP.NET isapi filter.

Add the following code under <System.web> section.

<System.web>……………………..……………………

<browserCaps>  <filter> <case match="(?i)BlackBerry">EcmaScriptVersion=1.5</case>        </filter></browserCaps></System.web>