Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: no
My Carrier: no
Accepted Solution

About Package widget app

Hi,

I want to package my widget app with some images inside so that I can get images from phone to make the app run faster. Is it possible?

Thank you...

Hoai An

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: About Package widget app

Are you referring to packaging up local images and then referencing those local images from pages that you remotely load into your widget?

If so, on the external content that you deliver to your widget you can use the "local:///" url for the images.

I'm trying to remember the exact paths, but I believe if you had say an image at the root of your widget called "foo.png", you would then use the image src="local:///foo.png".  And if "foo.png" was in a directory in your widget called "images" you would use the image src="local:///images/foo.png"

Notice that there are 3 forward slashes in the local:/// syntax.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
My Device: no
My Carrier: no

Thanks for your response..

Packaging means build up the app install this into blackberry phone. This works the same with the native app. Images are stored in the phone, the widget loads html page from web server and loads images from phone. My page looks like:

[ImageA] Item number 1

[ImageB] Item number 2

[ImageA] Item number 3

[ImageC] Item number 4

[ImageB] Item number 5

[ImageB] Item number 6

Note that some items have the same image (icon). Is this possible with widget? Or if there is an alternative way to load images faster, please tell me.

Thank you,

Hoai An

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, this is possible.  The steps I outlined in my previous post for using the "local:///" url for the images in your web pages from the server will accomplish what you want.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter