Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Access to additional OS 5.0+ BlackBerry Devices for App Testing

Hi all,

I'm nearing the final stages of my BlackBerry Smartphone App development and I want to get some real hands on testing on a variety of BlackBerry devices.

I have a Bold 9900, and access to a 9350 Curve but I'd really like to see how my app behaves on Storm, Tour, Style, Torch or Pearl (e.g. different screen sizes, OS 5.0+ versions etc.)

I've used the simulators and so far things seem good, but I'd hate to release my app and find that it isn't really as easy to use as I thought.

Thus my question is... are there any developers out there with an "extra" device they'd be willing to share? or loan out for a few days for some testing?

Likewise if RIM has any options for gaining access to some physical devices at a discount I'd appreciate any info.

PS - I don't need anything special in terms of full phone functionality (I can live without GPS, NFC, Accelerometer, Phone calls, etc.) I just want to be able to load my app (a game) and play it.
PPS - I'm in the Toronto/GTA area... and thus I'd be willing to drive to most of Southern Ontario to pickup/dropoff a device.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****