If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
jipock
My Device: Not Specified

Accessing Intranet Websites

[ Edited ]

I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this issue.

I am developing an application which needs to access a website (http) on an intranet website. This website is hosted on IIS (and I can't change that...) Anonymous access has been granted (with a fixed login account) and I can successfully access the site via a desktop browser.

When I go to the URL on my Blackberry, I get a 401.1 error. When I go to the http address of just the web server hosting the website, I get the lovely "Under Construction" website in the blackberry browser, which tells me that the Blackberry CAN see the web server. It just can't access the website beneath it. I --think-- all of access is configured correctly, but obviously something is wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Message Edited by jipock on 10-23-2008 11:29 AM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Accessing Intranet Websites

you are using BES ?

what you need requires two things :

- your blackberry browser connects to the proxy defined in the BES. You have to configure the proxy for local IPs or DNS.

- the IIS server must consider the proxy as part of the LAN.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
jipock
My Device: Not Specified

I am using BES.

I am pretty sure that those two items are properly configured, because my IIS log is recording my blackberry accessing the web service. That tells me that the BES's proxy is configured for local IPs. Additionally, IIS can see the proxy just fine, and pinging the BES from the IIS box is successful.

The error is a 401.1, so it has to be a local IIS authentication issue.That being said, Anonymous access has been allowed on the IIS box, so the error should not have occurred..

This is really troublesome. Someone out there must have had success accessing an internal website hosted on IIS with a Blackberry. This had to have come up.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

sorry I hadn't read entirely your post. My bad.

so you have a 401.1 http message. It means something is going wrong with the handshake.
are you sure the blackberry is recognized as a regular Anonymous User ?

and are you sure the Anonymous User has been granted enough rights to access the website ?
can you try with a desktop browser that is not authenticated ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.