Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
urbanglowcam
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Action Bar Gesture - BBUI.js

Hi. I'm using BBUI.js and loving it, though a performance boost in fluidity would really give a more polished feel. Anyways, I like the implementation of the side action bars when hovering over elements. The only thing is, will it be possible to allow it to work the way Cascades does where it follows your finger directly? Right now, it's just understanding the gesture to either be visible, or hidden. It would be nicer if there was the in between where it follows your finger 1:1.

I noticed when I include in image in my app and I tap/hold it, the right actionbar actions popup to save the picture etc. This seems like something carried over from the web browser. But I noticed this actionbar has the traits I am looking for where it will follow your finger to open and close. Is this native or using web technologies? It would be great to be able to have this motion in our apps.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Action Bar Gesture - BBUI.js

Hi There,

There is an issue open for it to follow your finger using the grip like Cascades https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/issues/371

The press and hold you are getting for an image is the WebWorks context menu.  We're also looking at having bbUI hook right into the WebWorks context menu instead of drawing one itself.

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/issues/233

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
urbanglowcam
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Action Bar Gesture - BBUI.js

These sound like really great updates. Thanks for the info. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.