Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mobilityuser
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

ActionBar- BB10 Webworks

Hi,

Am new to the  blackberry 10  development, i have requirement in one of my application that, the action bar(action type is 'tab' and its overflow is true) should be visible after user selected the action item and new screen is pushed (other html file), how can i do this. any help is appriciated .

and also i have tried to add actionbar tothe  index.htm file but it couldn't rendered as html, it comes as plain div tags and even its not visible on the screen.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: ActionBar- BB10 Webworks

Hi there, are you using BBUI.js or some other BlackBerry 10 UI framework? (i.e. JQM, etc.)

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobilityuser

Yes am using BBUI.js and BBUI.css

Thanks

Parasappa

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
velumani
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: airtel

i think you are looking PushCapture UI style, right ?

Try my HTML5 app CountDown (free)

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobilityuser

No. my requirement is simple my actionBar should always be visible on the screen when i pushed(navigate to ) 'n' number of screens(basically different html files pushed) on the screen stack.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there,

There are two options:

1) Leverage the built-in fragment loading of BBUI.js to swap screens. However note that whenever you load a new screen / fragment, the entire contents of your previous fragement gets replaced, including any action bar you have defined there. This approach would require re-defining the action bar in every fragment and setting it to look as if the user just interacted with it.

2) Use one HTML fragment with an action bar defined, that also has smaller fragments defined within itself. An example of this is here:

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/blob/master/samples/actionBar.htm

Note the buttons, tabs, and tabOverflow elements.

You can then use a simple display: none / inline method to show/hide content as required:

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/blob/master/samples/js/actionBar.js

Basically, you need to avoid swapping fragments with the default BBUI.js screen changes, and load your content in dynamically yourself.

Personally, I would recommend the second approach as recreatin the action bar on each interaction could lead to some overhead.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.