Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
jmaccgs
My Device: PlayBook 32GB

Re: Adding WebSite to Home Screen Icon

Is there a way to accomplish this for the PlayBook? It isn't working with either of these tags and I'm wondering if there's something specific for the PlayBook that would do the trick.
Contributor
shakilabanu_fi
My Device: Playbook

I also want to create home screen icon with my own image for my website, if you know please tell me ,<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/customIcon.png"/> is not working in playbook

Thanks & regards

Banu

VeeDubKate
My Device: Torch 9800

I have the code in my HTML - it works fine on the iPhone, but doesn't work on the BlackBerry.  Have I missed something?

New Contributor
willrobinson
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Hi, I was very interested in the topic that is being discussed here as I am an outside developer that develops over the air applications using Ns basic. I have developed an app that can be installed to a blackberry device (Torch 9810) that can be installed by using the add to home screen option after searching for the app on line. In Ns basic we have a default Icon (LauncherIcon57) which adds to the blackberry device home screen along with the app without fail every time I load it up. The properties of this icon are as follows: png, Pixel size 57x57, Pixel depth 64 bit and the Icon was originally created in PhotoShop. My problem is that I can't for the life of replicate the properties of this Icon to load my own personal Icon. The app installs to the home screen without the Icon, therefore I have an Icon sized view port through to my application form and controls. When I look at the user tools for the application on the Blackberry device it shows that the Ns basic default Icon l's an Apple touch Icon. Is there any specification for Icons for over the air app installation? The Icon that I am trying to install is: png, Pixel size 57x57, pixel depth 32 bit.

Kind regards

Will.

Contributor
inawire
My Device: Bold 9700/9900 - Playbook v2.0.xxx

Thank you so much. I have been looking for this for a very long time. Just tried it and works perfectly on BB 10 OS.