Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
razorek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10LE
My Carrier: T-Mobile

All WebWorks apps stopped working on PlayBook!?

I've noticed a few day ago, that all WebWorks apps I had in my PlayBook stopped working!

I have two such apps installed: my application which I'm developing and debugging, and "Solitaire Free".

With no Internet connection, my app at startup shows the spash screen and then it freezes with a blank white page (bbui is supposed to load the start page so probably it never has a chance to do so).

The other app shows the splash screen and then a white page with a few texts (menu, buy, cancel, ...) but with no styling etc. Just white background and black text.

Restaring the device doesn't work, disablling web inspector in the browser settings doesn't work. There is no information on the web inspector console. My app works on the simulator with no Internet connection. I'm puzzled.

Has anyone had such a behaviour? How to fix it?

Best regards,

Maciej

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: All WebWorks apps stopped working on PlayBook!?

Did you disable javascript in the web browser settings page? That would probably cuase the symptoms you mention.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek

Thaks for an idea, but JavaScript is enabled. I've also cleared all cookies, history, local memory but i didn't help either.

As I mentioned before, it's the lack of Internet connection that causes apps to stop working. As soon as I connect to the Internet, all webworks apps start to work again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loof
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Webworks applications.

They work fine when connection is ON, but showing white or black screen without internet connection.

It worked fine before, so I suspect it is related to the recent playbook update 2.0.1.668

Does anyone have a solution for the problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek

I have also upgraded my PlayBook to 2.0.1.668. This update isn't available anymore so maby it really had such a bug? Any help / comment is still greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loof

We just tested and the same application works file on the previous version of the Playbook firmware.
So, I think it is related to the 2.0.1.668 update.
Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

My webworks app still functions properly on 2.0.1.668, so maybe it is particular features you are using?

As for why this update was pulled: as far as I have heard it was pulled because of an issue upgrading from v1.0.7 nothing more. Not to say there weren't other bugs that could be causing problems for you.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek

All webworks apps stopped working, not just mine. So it looks more like a system issue.

This shouldn't be underestimated - it may happen to people that buy our apps.

I'll try and create a simple app with just one page, background, image and some very basic javascript and see if it runs with no wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loof

FYI Some good news: RIM was able to reproduce the problem with the latest update and they are working on the fix.

We don't have timelines when it will be resolved.

Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek

Thanks loof, glad to know our voice has been herd. I hope they'll fix it fast.

Please use plain text.